Welcome to Alaska's largest planetarium
- Juneau's planetarium is part of the Juneau School District and has been run by volunteers for over 20 years. Our shows reflect the interests and knowledge of our volunteers.
- We offer astronomy education for the public, school classes and community groups.
- Presentations and events are almost always free. On occasion, we have out of town speakers for a small fee.
- We use a 1967 Spitz analog projector which is 50 years old. We are fundraising for a new digital projector.
- There is collection of Marie Drake Planetarium photos on a Flickr site.
Juneau's planetarium turns 50
Friends of the Marie Drake Planetarium
The Friends of the Marie Drake Planetarium a 501(c)(3) was formed in 2011 to support the planetarium and astronomy education in Juneau. We are fundraising for a new digital projector. This will enable us to offer more diverse astronomy presentations.
The planetarium is a unique community resource
Contact us if
- you have ideas for planetarium
- want to volunteer or make a donation
- have questions
- have constructive ideas for improvement
- want to request a free astronomy presentation for your school group or community group. We will try to find a volunteer at a mutually agreeable time.